Aluminon – Aluminium Cations Test Kit
Aluminon, the triammonium salt of aurintricarboxylic acid, is a dye commonly used to detect the presence of the aluminium ion in an aqueous solution. In the presence of Aluminon, precipitated aluminum hydroxide forms a lake dye through chemisorption, causing a pinkish red precipitate to form. Only beryllium cations and ferric cations show a similar reaction.
This test kit can be used to:
• Identify aluminium salts
• Identify aluminium metal or aluminium rich alloys
• Identify aluminium in minerals (aluminium silicates, kaolins, clays etc)
• Detect aluminium in soil or water
• Distinguish aluminium cations from other amphoterics like zinc
This Aluminon based aluminium test kit is comprised off:
• 50 ml of proprietary Aluminon-based solution in HDPE dropper bottle
• 50 ml of ammonium acetate buffer solution in HDPE dropper bottle
• 50 ml of 6 M ammonia solution in HDPE dropper bottle
• 50 ml of 1 % (as Al2O3) Standard Al cations solution for reference purposes, in HDPE dropper bottle
• Booklet of 20 Universal pH indicator leaves with coloured pH scale (back of booklet)
• Illustrated instruction leaflet takes you through all relevant steps. Includes examples of sample preparation, test procedure, photos of positive and negative test results and how to deal with ferric or beryllium interference
Everything you need for at least 50 tests. After sample preparation a test takes less than 5 minutes and requires no heating or other treatments.
Postage & Packaging: please note that we charge for postage the EXACT amount we pay to ship the item to you (1st Class for UK, regular Airmail for all European destinations, but for some items there is no shipping cost) and do not attempt to make a profit on shipping. Proof of postage is kept by us for all shipped items.
Dispatch: depending on time of receipt of your order, your item will be dispatched either same (working) day or next (working) day at the latest.
Feedback & Complaints: not happy about something? Let us know and we’ll bend over backwards to overcome the problem.
Returns: returns are accepted on condition the item is returned to us, return cost paid by the buyer. For broken or demonstrably faulty items either replacement or refund will be issued.